Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanks For The Bread(s)



Thanksgiving was celebrated at our place with lots of bread.
We had a turkey made out of wheat gluten, bread stuffing and pumpkin bread pudding for dessert. Celiac patients would have really suffered.

So here's our dinner not including the dessert:


As you can see, I made the turkey look like he's alive. Which made it rather difficult for us to carve it.


Yay! It's stuffed!

But we had immense pleasure picking his Swiss-cheese-and-olive-eyes out and eating them. Mind you - these are home-cured olives! Delicious!

The cranberry sauce was a treat to make: the little fruit change color and pop, it's just so much fun!

If someone told me 3 years ago that I would eat (fake) meat, stuffing, gravy and (sweet!) sauce all assembled together on my fork, I would not have believed it. But it's really yummy!

For dessert:


I took the recipe from here, and smothered it with my very own Super-Easy caramel sauce:
Mixing evaporated milk (about 1/3 can) and brown sugar (4-5 T) and heating it gently over medium-low heat. A little butter would have probably made it shinier, but it wasn't lacking in flavor at all.
We topped it with some vanilla ice cream. YUM!

No comments: